Our Giving Tuesday Checklist
We know there’s a lot of content floating around this time of year about how to best structure your Giving Tuesday campaigns. To cut through the noise, we want to provide you with a last-minute, actionable checklist from our consultant team.
The State of Modern Philanthropy 2022 found that nonprofit organizations acquire 10x more donors on Giving Tuesday and see double the conversion rate compared to an average day of the year. There are some simple Salesforce levers you can pull to make sure your organization stands out in the crowd this Giving Tuesday.
- Check to see if your payment processor's plan has any monthly limits. If so, it could be helpful to bump those up for November and December.
- Planning an event? Make sure your event management system is fine-tuned to provide a seamless, integrated experience, making it easy for members and donors to support your mission. Check out our article on the Blackthorn events management app to get started.
- Take advantage of integrated giving and advocacy platforms to send messaging to folks who have given in the past. Then use your Salesforce campaigns to track your progress.
- Use Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (formerly Pardot) to kick off a drip campaign that starts with Giving Tuesday and engages your supporters throughout the holiday season. Check out our comprehensive guide to using Engagement Studio to create drip campaigns here!
- Use NPSP LYBUNT (Last Year But Unfortunately Not This Year) and SYBUNT (Some Year But Unfortunately Not This Year) reports as a source to create Giving Tuesday campaigns and re-introduce your org to lapsed donors.
It can be helpful to use Giving Tuesday as a launch for your End-of-Year giving initiatives. If you’re looking for more guidance on structuring your End-of-Year campaigns, check out this downloadable guide from Salesforce.
As we enter the last month of the year and the whirlwind of year-end to-do’s pile up, we hope the tips outlined above and the library of Salesforce resources we’ve built over the years can provide some clarity and guidance. If you’re still uncertain of your strategy or want to talk with an Idealist about all things Salesforce, we’re here to help!