Our mission: Helping good people do good things
Consulting Ethics Policy
These are the ethical standards that Idealist Consulting upholds as essential, not only for clients, but for the technology consulting industry as a whole:
- Consultants will install and use only properly licensed software on their systems as well as the client's systems.
- Consultants will divulge any potential conflicts of interest prior to accepting contracts, or as soon as possible after the conflict is discovered.
- Consultants will ensure that to the best of their knowledge they can complete the project in a professional manner in terms of both skill and time.
- Consultants will keep the client informed of any matters relating to the contract, even if the information is unfavorable or may jeopardize the contract.
- Consultants will safeguard any confidential information or documents entrusted to them and will not divulge any confidential information without the consent of the client.
- Consultants will not engage in contracts that are in violation of the law or that might reasonably be used by the client to violate the law.
Environmental Ethics Policy
Idealist Consulting is dedicated to the following environmental policies:
- Partner with cloud-based solutions that are committed to reducing the impact of our products and business operations on the environment.
- Promote good environmental practice and awareness of environmental policies.
- Promote the use of teleconferencing rather than travel to reduce environmental impact.
- Promote the continued development of best practices and expertise in environmental disciplines related to environmental sustainability.
- Minimize the negative impact on the environment through a process of continual improvement in environmental performance.
- Take into account the principles of sustainable development in conducting its administrative, commercial and social activities.
- Participate in local initiatives to improve the quality of the environment.
Non-discrimination Ethics Policy
Idealist Consulting is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Idealist Consulting does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its consulting and employment policies, but may favor US citizens or residents for hiring.
In addition, our consulting practice is dedicated to expressing tolerance toward all races, creeds, faiths and ideologies. Our goal is to provide technical consultation and education to organizations that wish to make a difference, not just make money.
In the interest of providing both skills and devotion to an organization's mission, Idealist Consulting staff people are given the opportunity to accept or reject working with a prospective client.
In the event that no Idealist Consulting staff person finds affinity with the organization's mission, we reserve the right to decline the project. This is a rare occurrence but if it happens we will make every effort to refer the organization to an alternative consulting firm.
Local Purchasing Ethics Policy
When at all possible, Idealist Consulting will actively purchase local materials from ethnic minority owned businesses. This includes office supplies, technical solutions and various other products utilized within its consulting services.
Community Service Ethics Policy
Idealist Consulting makes annual contributions of consulting time to worthy Portland, Oregon community organizations dedicated to community development, environmental protection, business ethics, philanthropy, education, disaster relief, local government, social services and others.
Gifting Ethics Policy
As a rule, we gift time rather than money. Last year alone, Idealist Consulting gifted over $45,000 in consulting time and discounts to our clients. In selective cases, however, we will make monetary gifts to major national and world tragedies. We feel that when events affect human lives, animal life or the environment on a potentially catastrophic scale, we are morally bound to help. Our donations will be anonymous, and will not be gifted based on a specific solicitation or request.